Saturday 16 February 2008

WHAT DO YOU PURSUE?

I watched the film"The pursuit of Happyness" this evening, starring Will Smith.It is based on a true story and I always love films like that.However, this one was quite unique in that, you found yourself wanting the main character to experience some positive things in his life.He did eventually, but not until the final few moments really.Ian and I found ourselves becoming quite sad throughout the movie, as the gap between rich and poor became more and more evident.It made me think that we have so much materially, and funnily enough, as I become older and gradually closer to God, these things become less important.I believe that God is happy for us to work hard and have what we need around us, provided these things don't get in the way of our relationship with Him.I've been reading a lot lately and on every turn of page I realise that if we pursue God then this will lead us to true happiness.

No comments: