Friday 1 February 2008

THE SWEETNESS OF THE WORD

Today's visiting minister to school asked us what the wee man on the back of a Liquorice Allsorts packet was called.I simply hadn't a clue.In all my years of eating sweets, I can't say that these ones are anywhere near my favourites and indeed, come to think of it, I've never dreamt of reading the back of any sweetie packet.I just scoff the contents and go on about my business.
As I listened to the story of Bertie Bassett and the history of the Allsorts, I was interested and well informed.The minister went on to tell us, as you would imagine, that we are all different, yet equally loved by God.Yet in my own quiet few moments before starting class, I was reminded that inside God's word, there's so much that I still don't know anywhere enough about.I've taken certain passages and gained much from them, yet I still go on about my business, without delving further and further.Tonight, I pray that God will daily take me into new places in His word and reveal His truths to me, so that I will feed from the inexhaustable contents and find a sweetness I never thought possible.

No comments: