Thursday 14 February 2008

THE MOST SPECIAL ONE

I was chuffed.I looked at my desk in school and there it was-a piece of fudge saying "I love you" sitting on a large red heart and the sender even revealed his name.He was only seven, but it seemed that I was special to him in some way.At least it felt like that for a while.Then I noticed a packet of fudge on his desk and a clear plastic bag containing several red hearts.I chuckled heartily, as I watched him gently set them one at a time on desk after desk.It appeared that he had lots of us to acknowledge on Valentine's Day.He smiled all day, clearly having fun with every new delivery.
Seriously though, we love it when someone fusses over us, or leaves us something special.We chatted about this in Assembly this morning and soon realised that flowers and gifts would be given out all day, but the qualities we really look for in someone special are the things which money can never buy.
I'm blessed today to know that Jesus is The most special One we could ever have as our best friend and we are all unique and very special to Him.

No comments: