Sunday 17 February 2008

ON EAGLES' WINGS

I just finished reading a book called "Seasons of Womanhood" this morning.It takes you on a journey with various women all at different stages in their lives and facing different problems, which they are able to endure with God's help.I found it very moving indeed.I learnt early on in the book, that although it's wonderful to experience the mountain top times, it's in the valleys that God teaches us how to really walk closely and rely totally on Him.
Just as the eagle rises on the wind and uses the storm to lift it higher.We can use God's power to lift us way beyond our despair.
I just found my dairy for last year and here and there the word "sick" was frequently entered.I remember how full of grief I was after Dad died, and how weak physically.A year on, I'm able to look beyond the illness that robbed him of everything and remember the happy childhood times we shared.Tonight I'm blessed when I think of Isaiah.40.31, and urge you to hold this verse to your heart, if you are suffering at present.

No comments: