Monday 4 February 2008

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN -GRACIOUSLY

We're in the middle of school interviews this week and although I'm tired by this time in the evening, I welcome the opportunity to talk to the parents of the children in my care and discuss their progress.It's always easy when things are going well and there are no problems to address,but we all know that we don't live in an ideal world and often matters are raised which have to be delt with.I've learnt down through the years that it's not always what we say,but the way that we say it which leaves the lasting impression.I know a couple of people,who simply exhude God's grace in this area.If they told me I was wrong about my views on something I could accept it readily because of their gracious delivery.It makes me realise tonight that it's a blessing to be able to recognise God's grace in people we respect.
We ought to always speak in truth to others, even when we know it's going to be difficult.It's then that we can ask God for an outpouring of His grace, to help us deal with the situation.
Dear God,
We ask you tonight to help us never be afraid to speak the truth in love.We ask also for you to help us never to compromise with anything less.May we grow more godly in our daily walk with you,
Amen.

No comments: