Friday 15 February 2008

BUCKET LIST

I've just heard on the television that a new film hits the cinema screens this weekend.It's called "Bucket List", starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson.Apparently they make a list of everything they want to do before they "kick the bucket", so to speak.Morgan wants to do what's morally right, like help others, etc and of course Jack wants to fulfil his desires by kissing the most beautiful girl in the world.Maybe I've mentioned it before, but I've just read John Piper's "Don't waste your life" and it starts with an excerpt from Reader's Digest which talks about a retired couple collecting shells off the coast of Florida,not very fulfilling long term me thinks.I feel blessed tonight that God cares about me, that He has a plan for my life and I know that if I continually ask Him He will reveal it to me bit by bit.
The christian walk can be an adventure and I believe that if we follow God's impulses we can make a difference.I wonder what's on your bucket list!

Those who try to keep their lives will lose them.But those who give up their lives will save them.
Luke.17.33.

No comments: