Sunday 10 February 2008

A GENTLE TUG

I look around me today and I see signs of spring everywhwere.Another season has arrived.I await all it brings with enthusiasm.I love to see the new growth bursting forth and I've even heard Ian saying he'll get the lawnmover out.I'm at a new season in my life too.Our boys are both at university and although I love to have them back at weekends, I know they are grownup now and making their own decisions.I feel a constant gentle tug which always seems to be there and I know that it's the Hand of God telling me there's something more that I can do for Him.Years ago we used to sing a popular worship song of the day called "He is my everything" and for years, yes, He was my something, but not just everything.However, due to different experiences over the last few years, I realise that in order to really live as God wants us to, He's got to be our absolutely everything.I wonder what season you're at in your life?
I pray that for those who maybe read this today and can identify with me, that God will keep us contented as we wait for Him to reveal the next step of His will for our lives.So, until then, I feel blessed today that I keep experiencing "The gentle tug" and I will continue to keep myself available, as that's what I believe He requires of us.

No comments: