Saturday 23 February 2008

ARE YOU READY TO LEAVE?

On Thursday evening Ian and I drove past a certain house and noticed an ambulance parked outside.We didn't know the occupants but realised that some poor soul must be ill enough to require medical care and that usually meant leaving the security of home for hospital.We recalled times when we had both been in that situation regarding our own parents.
Today I drove past that same house again and this time a hearse with a coffin inside was parked outside.That same poor soul was returning home for a brief time, to leave again, this time for the last time.It had quite an impact on me.I asked the question,"Are we ready to leave?"I'm blessed to recall the moment I committed my life to God, but I wonder if I'm really ready to leave this life right now should God choose to call me home.As christians we ought to live in the joyful expectation of going to be with our Lord at any time of His choosing.

John.14.2.

No comments: