Saturday 9 February 2008

REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS

I couldn't quite take it in.There I was sitting in the car at the car wash today, just doing the mundane Saturday routine thing and all the while I was being entertained.There must have been at least six assistants.There was music playing.They were smiling,whistling, singing along and generally being very pleasant to everyone waiting in the queue.It was a real production line.They all worked in harmony, no-one was standing around not knowing what to do next.All in all, the whole process looked rehearsed, it ran like clockwork and indeed I told them so, to which a few chuckled heartily.
It really spoke to me as I sat there waiting, my car totally immersed in a flurry of white.Do we as Christians, always try to work in harmony with each other?Do we even go about our daily mundane tasks with a smile, a whistle or even a spring in our step?
Let's think of Paul for a moment, bound in chains, writing a letter.It's Philippians I'm talking about.The treatise on joy.Immediately I feel blessed, as I've so much to be thankful and rejoice about.

No comments: