Tuesday 2 October 2007

THANKYOU

It's that time of year again,we're heading towards Harvest Suppers,Thanksgiving and so on.In Assembly this morning,we sang"Give thanks,with a grateful heart".This got me thinking of just how much the word "Thank you" is used, or not used in everyday life.It's only one little word,but boy do we notice when it's forgotten and doesn't it just melt your heart when it's remembered.It doesn't cost anything to say it and it leaves the lasting impression of a grateful heart.I've a younger sister who is always sending Thank you notes,even when the rest of us may have forgotten what we did to deserve them.So you see,being thankful, can be a constant state of mind and what a positive outlook that must surely be.I'm reminded tonight,of the ten lepers healed by Jesus and how only one returned to say "Thank you"(and he was a Samaritan, least likely of all.) I'm blessed to realise that I've so much to thank God for on a daily basis and I pray that I'll never ever forget that special word.

No comments: