Saturday 6 October 2007

BLACKBERRY PIE.

When I returned home today from visiting friends,I found a jug full of blackberries waiting for me.Ian had picked them from the hedge below our house and I immediately made a blackberry and apple pie which would make a lovely Sunday dessert.The fragrance in the house was so autumnal and I marvelled at the abundance of fruit left over.How come I hadn't noticed the blackberries for myself when driving up and down the road(I didn't even drive fast in the lane).I am reminded of the fact that I had been driving and I wasn't even looking for the fruit,whilst Ian was on foot and his sole purpose was to find as much as he could.This is like my spiritual walk,up until the last eighteen months really.I think there are definitely things I was blind to.that I now see clearly.I rushed through my prayer and quiet time and was only skimming the surface of what God wanted me to know.I've decided to open my eyes and heart fully now to the life He's calling me to live and my prayer tonight,is that this may be obvious to those I meet each day.

No comments: