Thursday 25 October 2007

PRAYER MAKES A DIFFERENCE

I'm not that good at praying and I don't do it enough,but when I do,I feel I'm in a better place with God and I know for certain that it makes a difference to my day.When I was a child,I used to watch my dad,frequently on his knees and now that he has gone to be with the One he talked to so often,that visual picture gives me so much comfort.I'm trying to discipline myself every day to keep a journal and to write down names and needs of those I want to remember in prayer and as I do,I'm spending more time in meditation and less time on activities which are unimportant.I've such a long way to go,but I'm blessed to know the reality of the little chorus-"Prayer is like a telephone,for us to talk to Jesus".
Ye know, there's nothing like the prayer of a wee child bringing their thoughts to Jesus.It's just so genuine.I pray tonight that God will help me to always live my life in a way that enables my prayers to be reverent and genuine.

I'm living proof tonight,that prayer changes the one who prays,as much as it changes those for whom we pray.

No comments: