Sunday 14 October 2007

21 TODAY

My eldest son turned twenty-one today.I can't quite believe how quickly the years have slipped by.I've spent a lovely weekend with him,before he left for university tonight.We've shared meals together,laughed together,looked at so many photographs of times long gone and I'm left this evening with my memories.I'm blessed that he's chosen to have Christ as his Saviour.For me,that's his single most important decision in life and I pray that God will keep him close in the years ahead.I'm reminded tonight,how days turn to weeks and weeks to years and suddenly a house that was noisy with children's laughter can turn strangely quiet.Yet how good to know that our God is still the same and if we draw near to Him,He'll always be there for us,to help us when we reach a new stage in our lives,whatever that may be.

No comments: