Tuesday 4 September 2007

YOU'VE ARRIVED

Today,as I came out of the office back into the classroom nearing the end of the school day,a little boy asked me inquisitively-"Have you got your work all finished in there?"To which I replied,"If I worked day and night continually,I could never say I'd finished it all.That's just the way it is."
Sometimes we get bogged down by the fact that our every day tasks (no matter what field of work we pursue) seem insurmountable.There always seems to be more to do.We long to be able to say "we've arrived", "it's all completed",yet in reality this simply is not possible.
However,in my spiritual life, I'm blessed today to know that I cannot exhaust God's teaching and I long to know more every day. As I search His word and study around it,He tells me there's more,so much more He wants to share and somehow I'm never bogged down.And some day, at the end of my life,I look forward to meeting Him and seeing the sign-"You've arrived".

No comments: