Monday 24 September 2007

ORDINARY PEOPLE

Today a little girl in my class brought in a diary extract belonging to her great grandfather,in which he spoke of how communications networks had broken down and he had to ride his horse to spread the news to different battalions in France that the war was over at last.The year was 1918 and as we listened we were transported back in time and amazed as we truly experienced the character of the man himself,as he carried out this very responsible job and helped wounded soldiers along the way.I keep a journal every day and often wonder what someone might make of my writing if they came across it sometime in the future.It is in no way anywhere near as exciting as this man's story.It's very ordinary in fact and yet it reminds me of God's constant presence with me in the most unexpected ways.I'm blessed tonight to know that God used ordinary people in bible times to do extraordinary things for Him.So let's just keep making ourselves available,there's no telling what we could do.

No comments: