Sunday 2 September 2007

W A I T I N G

During the summer an Australian friend stayed with us.I think of him often and especially when out in the car,because he kept saying"w a i t i n g",every time we came near to a junction or crossroads.We thought this was hilarious,because surely we had enough common sense to do this anyway, without being reminded.Today I attended three very different church services,where I spoke to many people,all at different stages in their lives,all waiting for different things- surgery,school,university,a wedding,a funeral procession to arrive,preparation for full time mission work,etc.And today I was blessed to really feel God telling me to wait and be still and allow Him time to talk to me.You see, it dawned on me,I do need to be reminded and gently nudged by God ,from time to time, as He reveals His will for my life in manageable bites.So I wonder tonight what or who are you waiting for?

No comments: