Sunday 23 September 2007

A SENSE OF DIRECTION

Today I listened as my husband gave directions to our two lads. They were going to take part in a church youth service in a place they had never been before.I couldn't help thinking it was well I wasn't driving,as my sense of direction has never been that good and there were far too many instructions to take in.I work better when I follow things a step at a time,but sometimes in my work, the nature of the job means that you can be involved in so many new initiatives that you don't ever seem to get anything completely finished and you can get a little frustrated.Tonight,having attended a service for a dear friend embarking on full time work for God, it became so clear to me that God only means us to take one little step at a time as we move forward with Him.We are not meant to know "The Big Picture."He tells us that His grace is sufficient for us and it's such a blessing to realise that He walks all the way with us and will keep us pointing in the right direction,when everything around us seems just too much to take in.

No comments: