Monday 10 September 2007

CONTENT YOURSELF

I was just talking today with my class about life during World War Two.They were mesmerised at how things have changed so drastically over the years.A lengthy discussion followed on how the girls curled their hair with rags,instead of curling tongs and how could the lads possibly cope without their computer games,they wondered.It made me think how far we've come really.We want for nothing and yet never seem to be truly satisfied.I'm reminded tonight of my parents' and grandparents' generation who seemed so content with so much less and I hear the words my husband has said to me time and time again down through the years-"It's not what you have it's who you are".
I am blessed that God loves me just the way I am and that by trusting in Him fully,I am content with what I have.

No comments: