Tuesday 18 September 2007

THE PLANT IS STARTING TO GROW

A little lad at school today showed me his new yellow and green martial arts belt.He proceeded to do some wonderful self defence moves to prove why he was worthy of its gain.I was enthralled just watching him and inquired what the belt stood for.He quickly told me that it meant "The plant is starting to grow".I was moved by his explanation and could clearly see that this was true. Since he gave his last little demonstration for me he had obviously improved a lot.
It reminded me immediately of how we can grow in knowledge of God through studying His word and keeping in close fellowship with Him and His people.I am blessed to know that by staying as close as I can,I am starting to grow and cultivate the "Fruits of the Spirit" within me.This is nothing of me, it's all God at work changing my heart daily and continually crushing the weeds which would choke new growth.When God comes right into your life He completely sorts out your garden.

No comments: