Saturday 15 September 2007

AUTUMN LEAVES

I brushed up a few leaves today.The only problem was,that it was a bit windy and just as I thought I was winning,the leaves tended to dart out of reach until a sudden breeze brought them back in my direction.It may have been funny to watch,but I managed to get the job done eventually.It reminded me of last year,when my youngest son started university.I found that so hard to cope with.I now knew what empty nest syndrome really felt like.However,just like the leaves,the boys keep coming home to me and every time they return,my heart leaps for joy.I've learnt that I have to let go in order for them to come back and as I leave them in God's care each day,I truly experience the words of Isaiah 44 v 3 and I am blessed to know that God keeps His hand on them at all times.

"I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring."

No comments: