Friday 21 September 2007

SWEET PERFUME

When I was about fifteen I started to wear a certain perfume.It wasn't expensive and yet it seemed to match my skin type,because many friends and even teachers in school used to comment on the pleasant fragrance it left lingering in the air.As the years passed by I've tried many perfumes,received as gifts and some even quite expensive,yet none can compare with my old favourite. Shops stopped stocking it over the years,until,by chance I spotted it in a nearby town a couple of years ago.I couldn't quite believe it.It made me very happy to wear it once more.Then,quick as it arrived,off the shelves it disappeared again,until this week that is.My friend,who works in the local chemist shop texted to say she'd managed to get it ordered for me.I went there today and she greeted me with the bottle,saying "I know what you've come for." What a thoughtful friend who knows me so well.I'm blessed when I think that God knows me even better,indeed He knows all about me.I pray today that as I strive to be more like Jesus, my life will be a blessing to others and that I may always leave the sweet fragrance of God's love wherever I go.

No comments: