Wednesday 22 August 2007

THE SILK CUSHION

Today I sewed a silk cushion for my sister.It needed a touch of repair work as it had ravelled quite a bit due to its centre stage position on her brown leather sofa.I felt satisfied with my effort even though,in order to fix it I was forced to change its shape from rectangular to square.I was blessed to realise that in helping someone else and saving them the price of a new cushion,it actually made me feel good.I woke up in the middle of last night thinking of the meaning of the word Grace-God's generosity to us(as explained so well by our minister last Sunday) and realised how thankful I am for His bountiful gifts and how much I need to keep on giving to others.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Yet again you touch the spot that awakens my heart, and I am reminded of the words of an old song: 'His love has no limits,His grace has no measure, His power has no boundaries known unto men,But out of His infinite riches in Jesus He gives and gives and gives again.'
Unconditional love-Lord let me love other as you love me-unconditionally. Jen,may your giving hand and heart be always open.'He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose.'(Jim Elliott)