Sunday 26 August 2007

ONE LIFETIME

As we approach the tenth anniversary of the death of Diana,Princess of Wales,I am drawn to the words of Richard Kay, a trusted journalist and friend of the princess,who stated -" Diana never knew just how much she was loved".I thought how terribly sad.We need to let our family and friends know just how much they mean to us.I was blessed today when I thought of how much God really loves me and I've absolutely no doubt about it.I listened to the song "One Lifetime" on the commemorative Songs of Praise,and was struck by the reality that one lifetime may not just be as long as we envisage,so it reminds me to spend time on the things that really matter.

"For every day I have on earth,
Is given by the King,
So I will give my life,my all,
To love and follow Him".

1 comment:

Family Blogs said...

Jennifer, this is a lesson that I have found so challenging too. In living our life for Him no sacrifice will be too great and no offering too small - it will all be worth it as the things of this world pass away and we look ahead to our reward in our heavenly home. A friend of ours has a wonderful phrase which he often uses - 'Jesus makes life worth living, death worth dying and eternity something to be looked forward to!' Carolyn x